Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Blog 2: Discourse Communities

Tyree Swann

My dream ever since I was a kid was to attend Auburn University. But due to my low ACT score and grades my admission my denied. So I decided to come to AUM and then I was invited into a program called Auburn Guarantee. All members of the program live together on the 8th floor of North Commons. We also share the same class and hopefully in a year we will be attending Auburn University. Back in high school everyone for the most part was involved in sport, club, or group. I decided to join the cross country team. There was only a small number of us and most of the other student didn't even know what cross country was or just weren't interested. The one thing a lot of the guys complained about was the fact that the entire school seemed to care at all about the team and the football players all ways got the attention. I never became so emotionally invested in the sport to really care, I just wanted the season to be over. I am vey interested in politic and our economy. I was so excited when I registered to vote. I consider myself to be an independent. These days people seem to think they only have two choice; democrat or republican. It's very rare for an independent to gain any sort of attention in the news. Its interesting to be an independent because you get to see things from both sides point of view. It's not as limiting and becoming an independent has made me feel more open minded.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you registered to vote! Making your voice heard is so important.

    ReplyDelete